Sunday, July 10, 2011

A Quick Look Back

I've decided doing this blog is one of the best decisions I've made. Growing up, I always hated writing but only because I was being told when and what to write, which sucks. I'm not particularly artistically inclined and I'm musically retarded, so this is a nice outlet for me.

That's not to say everything I've done on here has been good, or even decent. This sucks, this sucks, this is depressing. I would never delete any of it though (unless I drunkenly made an anti-Semetic joke about Jeremy or something). This thing is a progression and it's interesting looking back every now and then.

The hardest part of doing this is actually making myself post often enough. I love doing it but sometimes I just don't have anything I feel like writing about. It seems to come in waves; I won't have any ideas for weeks (like now; which is why I'm doing a post that is essentially about nothing) then I will do 3 in 5 days. If I was smart, I would write a bunch when I had ideas but wait to post them until when I didn't, but I've never claimed to be smart.

Anyway, what I said at the outset of the Summer of Tom still stands. I still plan on writing as much as possible and I still hope to be adding some new wrinkles. We will just have to wait and see whether or not it actually happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment