Monday, July 11, 2011

Page Turner

So, today sucks. Actually, this has been the first bad day in what has been an awesome Summer so far. Right now I kind of don't feel like doing anything. Not the general laziness I've been known to succumb to. More that I'm really not sure what I would even want to do (other than this I guess).

But just because today sucks doesn't mean that tomorrow has to. Something I feel like I'm getting better at is not letting what could have been ruin what still can be. There's no sense in worrying about what won't happen when there's still plenty of things that can and will happen. I used to beat myself up pretty badly when things went wrong. I feel like I'm better at handling adversity than I used to be. I suppose that's because I've had more practice going through it.

Some people like to say "If you can dream it, you can do it." I don't believe that to be true because a person's will is only one of the many factors that determine success and happiness. Still, I do believe that if you lose something it should harden your will to find something new and better. Maybe you can't make yourself be happy, but you can certainly prevent it by wallowing in self-doubt and sadness.

So yes, today sucks and tomorrow might too. But I know it will stop sucking sooner rather than later. Something to look forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment